This recipe has been sitting on the shelf on the back of my mind, just collecting dust for the past three weeks. As I’ve mentioned in my previous blog post, I was on an unplanned hiatus for three weeks. Nevertheless, I’m back and I’m back with a delicious recipe! The sweet, moist, and juicy chicken breast and caramelized bacon slices go extremely well with the spicy guacamole, mhm hmm mmm! This is only my take on the famous chicken and guacamole burger, although I know there is not a traditional way of making one. That is what I love about burgers… you are the boss of your burgers! =) Anyway, here is the recipe!
Yield: 4 burgers
- Sesame seed buns
- Tomatoes, sliced, as needed
- 8 bacon slices, sliced into half, fried until crispy, bacon fat drippings reserved for frying chicken breasts
- Guacamole, as needed
FOR THE CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- Ground black pepper
- Bacon fat drippings
- In a container, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and garlic.
- Place chicken breasts and coat well with the marinade.
- Marinate for 30 minutes to an hour in the fridge.
- Take it out of the fridge 5 minutes prior to frying, and pat dry. Season with ground black pepper.
- Heat bacon fat drippings on a non-stick griddle pan over medium-low heat.
- Pan-fry chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through.
- Transfer on a plate and set aside until needed.
TO ASSEMBLE THE BURGERS
- Toast buns until nicely browned and slightly crispy.
- Spread a small amount of guacamole on the bottom bun.
- Top with 2 slices of bacon (technically, one since we halved them), lettuce, tomatoes, and pan-fried chicken breasts.
- Garnish with more guacamole, then top with 2 slices of bacon.
- Cover with top buns and enjoy!