I have been craving a good, chunky burger for the past couple of days. So I’ve decided to make a recipe on a delicious basic burger recipe. And when I mean basic, I really mean basic. I believe that a good burger doesn’t need condiments or toppings that require lots of time to accomplish. I believe that a good burger is when you have the simplest ingredients and yet, it tastes like you need 15 ingredients to make it! I also believe a good burger has a good type of cheese. My boyfriend has been raving to me about a type of cheese called Gouda. I have seen it before in cheese sections but never really caught my attention until I decided to make this recipe. One thing I have to say about this cheese – it melts beautifully. It has that smoky yet creamy flavor that I have never tasted in other cheeses before and it goes perfectly with this recipe!
This recipe calls for the simplest and for the most basic ingredients but I’m tellin’ you, it is the juiciest and the most amazing burger you will ever taste. I’ve received great reviews on these burgers and they all asked for the recipe. So here’s the recipe and I hope you’ll enjoy every bite of the finished product! 🙂
Yield: 8 burgers
- 8 sesame seed buns
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Romaine lettuce
- Avocado, sliced
- Salt, as needed
- Pepper, as needed
- Gouda cheese (you can use whatever kind of cheese you desire)
FOR THE BURGER PATTIES
- 1 kilo ground beef – 80% lean, 20% fat
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce (or you can use whatever hot sauce you prefer)
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar, unpacked
- Salt, as needed
- Ground black pepper, as needed
- 1/4 tsp cooking oil, for pan-frying
- Put the first six ingredients in a bowl and mix until well-combined
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions
- Form each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty and make a depression in the center with your thumb
- Refrigerate for an hour
- Take patties out of the fridge five minutes before pan-frying. Prior to frying, season both sides with salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in pan or griddle over high heat until the oil begins to shimmer. Cook the patties until slightly charred on the first side, about 4 minutes. Flip over patties and top with cheese. Cook for 4 minutes, covered, or until desired doneness is achieved
- Set aside until needed
- Toast burger buns on a generously buttered pan until nicely browned and crispy.
- Top bottom bun with lettuce, tomato, and patties.
- Top with sliced avocados and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with top buns and enjoy!